apoidea’s symbol is a blue bee on a lotus.
In Hindu mythology, this symbol is a representation of the creation god, Vishnu. Bees and flora have been a creative evolutionary force for over 100 million years as bees provide essential pollination that creates plant genetic diversity. In exchange, flowers yield gifts of protein-rich pollen and nutrient-filled sweet nectar to the bees. Apoidea places high priority in efforts to be more mutually beneficial to our planet that so readily supports us. The following is a list of apoidea’s sustainability initiatives:
• Processing space is an adaptive reuse of 5 generation family homestead.
• Apiary landscaped for edible food production, wildlife forage, and rainwater catchment / retention.
• Grid-sourced power for the apiary is supplied by Community Energy which is 100% PA wind and solar.
• Hybrid vehicles used for in-town and regional trips.
• Certified organic herbs and oils sourced for apoidea products to promote land use practices that maintain healthy bee forage.
• All paper products are 100% recycled and/or Forest Stewardship Council approved sourcing.
• All plastic products products for gift sets packaging are 100% biodegradable.
• To maintain honey purity and ease of reuse/recycling, we primarily package the honey in glass containers.
• apoidea is a member supporter of the following organizations: